Our Experts Opinions
*Rating Based on our Experience
Founded in 2006 by hosting industry veterans, Hostnine has come to be known for awesome web hosting at amazingly low prices. They claim that they have an infrastructure that is fast and reliable and have servers in multiple data centers across continents (The United States, Canada, Australia, the United Kingdom, Netherlands and Asia), with each of them providing the customer with reliability and speed, all for the same price.
Over the last few years, Hostnine has built a reputation for itself for its competitive price packaging and sturdy service. Hostnine prides itself on having hired talented staff, who, they claim, have taken Hostnine to new heights in the web hosting business.
Hostnine does not believe in cutting corners and use high-end hardware, their experience in the field to maintain their hardware and services and to provide everything the client needs to be successful. The company is constantly researching new technologies to make things simpler for businesses and webmasters.
Hostnine is owned by the Endurance International Group, a major hosting company that owns and operates over 83 companies (such as A Small Orange and iPage to name a few) that have shared support agents and information.
In this Hostnine review, we will look at some key features of the host such as uptime, pricing plans and customer support, among others.
A web host’s support and help are always subject to speculation because the experience can change from the time of the day and customer to customer. Hence, it is not an easy task to judge a host’s customer support because it could be anything from a disconnected line to a particularly difficult problem.
Hostnine has two options for support, and these are:
- Live Chat
- Live Support Code
They used to have comprehensive knowledge base support as well, but it seems to have been taken off the website. The page does have a search option, but attempting a random search yields absolutely no results. We hope that Hostnine will include this option in the near future like some of its closest competitors.
The online live chat support is displayed prominently on the homepage and is available at the click of a button. If you are already a customer, you will be asked some questions such as your billing details and password before you are taken to the chat screen. If you are a new customer, you can log in using your name, fill in a quick, short form about your issue, and start chatting with a helpful customer service representative.
The chat experience again can vary from customer to customer. Some customers have reported it to be delightful, quick and thorough, while others have rated it to be just average or slow.
Live Support Code
Customers can use this option when problems cannot be solved through live chat or the problem is too complicated for the live support agent. One can simply do so by visiting here, logging in using the registered email and password and typing out the request.
The experience here can also be a mixed bag, with some customers hailing the ticket system, while others lambasting the service for its slowness or indifference.
Besides, what Hostnine lacks is phone support. Sometimes, customers are likely to encounter problems that are too complicated to explain over chat or mail, and want a friendly voice over the phone to listen to their problems. In this regard, the company lacks what some other service providers excel in.
Almost all hosting providers claim an uptime of over 95%, and Hostnine is no exception and guarantees a 99.9% uptime. Uptime is important for the success of your website and should be a deciding factor when choosing a service provider. A high amount of uptime is critical for a website’s success and quite a lot of websites boast about this as their stellar feature.
Hostnine maintains a status page, and if they encounter any issues with their servers, they show it there. The customer also gets to see if there are any maintenance updates and when they would be happening. These schedules vary from offline drive swapping, emergency maintenance, packet losses, RAM upgrades, RAM swaps, scheduled maintenance, relay and routing issues to server battery.
With data centers across the globe, Hostnine promises excellent features and services that have attracted customers world over. Let us take a few of the features that have won them loyal customers over the years.
The problem with many hosting services is that have been set up during the start of this century (the early 2000s), thus are overly simplistic and are not the easiest to navigate (or the simplest of information can be tough to find). Another problem is that they are a pain to navigate on a mobile device because they have not yet been upgraded to be viewed on them.
Hostnine’s website is easy to navigate and can be easily viewed on any device, be it a computer or a mobile phone. Clearly, Hostnine has kept up with the times, because their clean website design is appealing, and you can find the sections easy, with no clutter. Also, the sign-up process is fairly easy, to the point and you can start using the service in no time once you’ve signed up.
Different Data Centers
With some Hostnine plans, you have complete control over the individual locations of your websites. You can host them anywhere in the world, with the data centers located throughout the United States, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Asia. You can also consolidate and manage your websites under a centralized platform with built-in transfer tools that can help you move your website anywhere in the world.
Free Site Migration, Money Back Guarantee
Do you have your website being hosted by another service provider? Don’t sweat it, because, with Hostnine, you can do this for absolutely free of cost!
Before you pay for the service, the company guarantees you a 45-day money back guarantee. This is great, in comparison with other providers that promise only 30-day money back guarantee.
Consistent Load Time
Hostnine offers faster load time than most of its competitors and is pretty consistent. What tends to happen with many hosting services is that their load time is very good at times and very poor at other times, which is not the case with Hostnine.
Hostnine has different types of plans to suit your every need. They offer shared, reseller, cloud VPS, dedicated servers and domains. Let us take a look at each of the pricing plans:
The shared hosting plans are quite reasonable and certainly on par with their competitors. These are:
- Personal: This plan which costs $6.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $8.29 when paid individually per month), gets you one domain, unlimited storage space and bandwidth, a dedicated IP (at $2 per month), SSL ($39.99) and one data center.
- Business: This plan which costs $11.09 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $14.79 when paid individually per month), gets you unlimited storage space, domains and bandwidth, dedicated IP (at $2 per month), SSL ($39.99) and 4 data centers.
- Enterprise: This plan which costs $14.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $19.99 when paid individually per month), gets you unlimited storage space, domains and bandwidth, free dedicated IP, free SSL, priority support and 6 data centers.
The Hostnine reseller hosting offers two plans; let’s take a quick look at them:
- This plan which costs $15.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $16.99 when paid individually per month) gets you 19 reseller accounts, 19GB storage space, 500GB bandwidth, free WHMCS, reseller central and 6 data centers.
- This plan which costs $24.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $29.99 when paid individually per month) gets you 99 reseller accounts, 99GB storage space, 1,000GB bandwidth, free domain and WHMCS, reseller central and 6 data centers.
- This plan which costs $32.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $43.99 when paid individually per month) gets you 199 reseller accounts, 199GB storage space, 1,500GB bandwidth, free domain and WHMCS, reseller central and 6 data centers.
- This plan which costs $54.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $76.99 when paid individually per month) gets you 499 reseller accounts, 999GB storage space, 5,000GB bandwidth, free domain and WHMCS, reseller central and 6 data centers.
You get similar benefits from that of shared hosting, multiple locations and the same great features.
Get the unmatched power, flexibility and speed with Hostnine’s CloudVPS package. They have 5 plans:
- This plan costs $13.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $16.99 when paid individually per month) gets you 1 core, 30GB disk space, 1GB RAM, 2,000GB bandwidth and 2 IPs.
- This plan costs $24.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $27.99 when paid individually per month) gets you 2 cores, 60GB disk space, 2GB RAM, 2,500GB bandwidth, 2 IPs, cPanel or WHM worth $10, free Softaculous and $5 VIP boost.
- This plan costs $29.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $37.99 when paid individually per month) gets you 3 cores, 75GB disk space, 4GB RAM, 3,000GB bandwidth, 2 IPs, cPanel or WHM worth $10, free Softaculous and $5 VIP boost.
- This plan costs $37.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $48.99 when paid individually per month) gets you 3 cores, 100GB disk space, 8GB RAM, 4,000GB bandwidth, 2 IPs, cPanel or WHM worth $10, free Softaculous and free VIP boost.
- This plan costs $54.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $65.99 when paid individually per month) gets you 6 cores, 150GB disk space, 16GB RAM, 6,000GB bandwidth, 2 IPs, cPanel or WHM worth $10, free Softaculous and free VIP boost.
With this, you get redundant networks, quality hardware, migration assistance and high flexibility. It also has the same feature set as the other two plans.
The US dedicated servers come with three aggressively competitive plans:
- This plan costs $109.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $120.99 when paid individually per month) gets you 1TB (RAID 1) HDD or 128GB SSD, 4 cores, 8GB RAM, 500GB bandwidth, 4 IPs and free cPanel/WHM, Softaculous and KSPLICE.
- This plan costs $120.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $142.99 when paid individually per month) gets you 1TB (RAID 1) HDD or 128GB SSD, 8 cores, 16GB RAM, 1,000GB bandwidth, 8 IPs and free cPanel/WHM, Softaculous and KSPLICE.
- This plan costs $197.99 per month (when you pay the whole annual price, $219.99 when paid individually per month) gets you 1TB (RAID 1) HDD or 128GB SSD, 2×12 cores, 32GB RAM, 2,000GB bandwidth, 16 IPs and free cPanel/WHM, Softaculous and KSPLICE.
It comes with the same features and services as the other plans. The UK hosting is priced slightly differently and has 5 plans.
This is a premier hosting company that offers lots of value-added features and top-of-the-line hardware that is usually not provided with other hosting providers. Though SSL certificates (to secure your site from hackers and other malicious activities) are included in some plans, other plans require you to pay a little extra for them.
They have also employed the latest technologies to keep your data safe and retrieve it through a state-of-the-art in-house backup system.
Pros and Cons
What are the good things about HostNine:
- The company offers 24/7 customer service for all the new and existing customers
- No penalty or hidden fee
- Affordable packages and sensible renewal plans
- cPanel to create beautiful and elegant websites
- 9% uptime
- 45-day refund period, which means you get your money back if you are not satisfied with their service
- Multiple server locations, great load speeds and fast network
- Even though they have a 24/7 support, it lacks phone support which you may need in case of an emergency
- Several customer reviews say that Hostnine customer support is not up to the mark
- No choice of operating systems
- No Hostnine coupons for those looking for discounts
Though Hostnine is a feature-rich service, it has generally negative reviews. Most of these owe to the lack of their technical support, so first-time users should note that. Also, users looking for a Hostnine coupon code for discounted prices will be disappointed because there are none. On the other hand, the company provides many types of hosting and signing up and starting with them is really easy, which makes them a good option to go with for your hosting needs.