Our Experts Opinions
*Rating Based on our Experience
Started fairly late (2008) Hosting24 is a Cyprus-based company that in present day now claims to have over 29 million users in 178 countries, with a new user signing up every 5 seconds! The company closely guards who it is run by, but from what we can see, it appears to be privately run and owned. All the company’s hosting plans are based on Linux and offer competitive rates.
According to the company, the company wasn’t a separate hosting platform, but when their team realized how mighty Hostinger Cloud was, they made a decision to merge their platforms and create a powerful hosting solution. As early as last year, the platform received a huge update featuring improved customer support, a new design, server performance optimization, some tweaks and a fresh members area.
The move has benefited the company, allowing for more scalability and additionally, by having all their products under one platform, they could increase its performance and reliability. Also, there is a new user experience to be had, a chance to use the newly added control panel — hPanel — among other features. It would not be wrong to say about this new experience that Hosting24 has become a complete hosting solution in itself.
In this Hosting24 review, we will look at the company’s uptime, customer service, payment plans, features and pros and cons.
Hosting24 claims that customer support is a core element in successful web hosting, and they hire and develop the best. Their customer support service is ready to tackle any query or issue and so, they are online 24/7/365 with a goal to make you the most successful webmaster.
The company’s friendly and supportive team is available 24 hours a day, all days of the year. It offers two features on its support page, a page where you can report any abuse, and another for general queries.
The report abuse can be used to any abuse on Hosting24 servers related to scams, phishing, malware or similar issues. Their department promises to review each case individually and take necessary action. In case a website or server is hacked, they will send a warning to the owner. In case the form of abuse is found to be deliberate, they will suspend the website and all its related services immediately.
The general inquiry form can be filled and sent directly from here. General customer reviews about this have been that the response times from Hosting24 have been generally fast and the solutions precise and to the point.
Though not as spread out as some other providers, Hosting24’s knowledge base is generally satisfactory. It is divided into three major categories, namely website hosting, domain services and general. We searched for the term “security” and were delighted to find that the in-built search threw up 39 results. Some of them were related to the kind of security that Hosting24 employs, while others were malware and virus related.
Interestingly, the company floated an FAQ page before they were being updated. This page fielded questions about the major update, price changes and account-related questions which is commendable. There is also a blog with interesting topics such as the network infrastructure, data protection regulation, their policies and upcoming plans.
From what they claim, it appears that their customers enjoy uninterrupted uptime, and display a 99.9% uptime promise on their page, even though they do not guarantee it anywhere. They say that their platform is suitable for all kinds of projects and aim to provide the highest uptime possible while being secure and quick.
What are the key features of Hosting24:
Money Back Guarantee
Hosting24 guarantees you 30-day money back guarantee, which means that in case the platform does not suit your needs, you can cancel the service within the first 30 days, and they will refund you. This way you can get a proper idea of what their hosting is like before you make a full commitment.
Free Website Transfer
If you have done this before, you know that migrating from an old host to a new one can be a hassle. And if, during this move, if you come across any problems, Hosting24 says that their support staff will assist you every step of the way and help you get up and running in no time. There are plenty of support articles in their knowledge base pertaining to this.
cPanel has come to be known as one of the most reliable and efficient panels all over the world and has stood the test of time. It empowers the user with several tools including those for email, file and MySQL database management with its practical and no-nonsense layout. This cPanel also includes limited SSH access. You can read more about this feature here.
Zyro Website Builder
One of the zaniest features that Hosting24 has is Zyro, a website building software which has a selection of professional, easy-to-use templates that the user can modify using a drag-and-drop interface. You can create stunning websites in minutes.
The builder is also SEO friendly and can generate keywords, descriptions and page titles, to ensure high rankings in popular search engines. And, it is free!
Free Site Backups
Hosting24 claims that safety is their No.1 priority and provides weekly automatic backups with some of their plans. You will also be able to generate your own partial or full backups using cPanel. If you are looking to restore an older version of your website, you can reach out to their customer support, and they should be able to help you resolve your query.
With the help of Softaculous, installations of WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, PrestaShop and other such apps are just a few clicks away. All you need to do is specify the installation details and the server will take care of the rest. You can simply install the script of your choice with a handful of clicks!
The company features a variety of plans that include shared, cPanel and reseller hosting. Let’s take a closer look at them.
Linux-based shared hosting plans are the best to accommodate a website or a pet project, and Hosting24 provides a great hosting environment, where you get carefully selected features and easy scaling. They have three plans:
- Single Web Hosting: With an incredible starting price of $1.45 per month (down 82%; the normal price is $7.99), you get 1 website, 10GB disk space, 100GB bandwidth, 1 MySQL database, 1 email account, 1 FTP user, a website builder and their powerful control panel.
- Premium Web Hosting: With a great starting price of $2.95 per month (down 75%; the normal price is $11.95), you get unlimited number of websites, unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited MySQL databases, unlimited email accounts, unlimited FTP users, a website builder, their powerful control panel, 2x WordPress optimization speed and free domain registration with their annual plan.
- Business Web Hosting: With a reasonable starting price of $3.95 per month (down 75%; the normal price is $15.95), you get unlimited number of websites, unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited MySQL databases, unlimited email accounts, unlimited FTP users, a website builder, their powerful control panel, 4x WordPress optimization speed, free domain registration with their annual plan, free daily backups, deluxe live support and free SSL certificate.
Hosting24 is equipped with powerful cloud SMTP delivery which means you can communicate with your customers and visitors reliably. All possibilities of blacklisting are removed! You can also be sure that your website has a safe and reliable platform equipped with custom security software and advanced firewalls. And if you have chosen a business plan, you are entitled to a free SSL certificate for projecting your website as safe and reliable and improve your SEO ranking.
While upgrading, Hosting24 moved to cloud hosting which ensures that no matter what, your website is always reachable. Because cloud hosting relies on several servers instead of just one, the probability of downtime and performance spikes is greatly reduced. They have three main plans:
- Business Startup: With an incredible starting price of $7.45 per month (down 74%; the normal price is $29), you get 40GB disk space, 3GB RAM, 2 CPU cores, speed boost, cache booster, isolated resources, 1-click installer, 99.9% uptime, a simple control panel, automated daily backups, free TLS certificate and 24/7 customer support.
- Business Professional: With a great starting price of $14.95 per month (down 74%; the normal price is $58), you get 80GB disk space, 6GB RAM, 4 CPU cores, 2x boost in speed, cache booster, isolated resources, 1-click installer, 99.9% uptime, a simple control panel, automated daily backups, free TLS certificate and 24/7 customer support.
- Business Professional: With a reasonable starting price of $27.45 per month (down 79%; the normal price is $130), you get 160GB disk space, 12GB RAM, 8 CPU cores, 3x boost in speed, cache booster, isolated resources, 1-click installer, 99.9% uptime, a simple control panel, automated daily backups, free TLS certificate and 24/7 customer support.
All cloud hosting plans come with a free domain name.
If you feel like your present hosting solution is too weak for you, you should give VPS a try, because it is a platform completely dedicated to you. You will be equipped with every tool to create an environment that is perfect for any project. Hosting24 offers 6 plans:
- With a starting price of $3.95 per month (down 56%; the normal price is $8.95), you get 20GB of SSD storage space, 1GB RAM, 2GB burst RAM and 1 CPU core (2.4GHz), and a bandwidth of 1000GB. The GeekBench rating for this is 3513.
- With a starting price of $8.95 per month (down 55%; the normal price is $19.95), you get 40GB of SSD storage space, 2GB RAM, 4GB burst RAM and 2 CPU cores (4.8GHz), and a bandwidth of 2000GB. The GeekBench rating for this is 5363.
- With a starting price of $12.95 per month (down 68%; the normal price is $39.95), you get 60GB of SSD storage space, 3GB RAM, 6GB burst RAM and 3 CPU cores (7.2GHz), and a bandwidth of 3000GB. The GeekBench rating for this is 7545.
- With a starting price of $15.95 per month (down 68%; the normal price is $49.95), you get 80GB of SSD storage space, 4GB RAM, 8GB burst RAM and 4 CPU cores (9.6GHz), and a bandwidth of 4000GB. The GeekBench rating for this is 8953.
- With a starting price of $23.95 per month (down 70%; the normal price is $79.95), you get 120GB of SSD storage space, 6GB RAM, 12GB burst RAM and 6 CPU cores (14.4GHz), and a bandwidth of 6000GB. The GeekBench rating for this is 10789.
- With a starting price of $29.95 per month (down 77%; the normal price is $129.95), you get 160GB of SSD storage space, 8GB RAM, 16GB burst RAM and 8 CPU cores (19.2GHz), and a bandwidth of 8000GB. The GeekBench rating for this is 12632.
With all VPS hosting plans, you have root access, which means you have the ability to increase a certain limitation or edit a server-side setting. You also get SSD storage that ensures reliability and completely dedicated resources.
Site security although it may not seem that important at first but it's definitely something to look at.
BitNinja Smart Security
Bitninja is a security solution that is always active on user accounts. It keeps an eye on suspicious behavior such as multiple password tries or accessing the same webpage in short intervals. This feature cannot be disabled and is globally active on all their servers. You can read more about this security feature here.
If your users want to submit sensitive information, such as credit card details or passwords over the internet, SSL certificates are required. This is a paid feature and you can get more details about these here.
Pros and Cons
Let's look at what is the best thing about them:
- Affordable pricing on most of their plans makes it a great value buy
- Most plans come loaded with great features at no extra cost
- Some plans offer unlimited bandwidth and disk usage
- Great customer support that has been hailed by a lot of customers
- cPanel support means simple management, usage and navigation of your website
- Lack of free SSL certificates that a lot of other hosts offer without any additional charges
As the review suggests, Hosting24 has a great line of features that are available to you. If you are a newbie, this could be a great choice for you as it offers a lot of freedom as far as their plans go, and it is also very easy to use. Also, with the 30-day money back guarantee, you can always cancel the service and choose a new one if you are not satisfied with their service.