Best Reseller Hosting in 2020
Reseller hosting could be very lucrative for you if you’re able to get hold of the right host. If you have been thinking of setting up your own hosting service where you can create the packages of your liking and sell them at a price you are comfortable with, then this is a great option to consider. This is also very handy if you already have a business and are looking to add a new income source. In this business of selling space on the internet, you sublet your space and sell it.
Simply put, you rent space (which entails a lot of disk space and bandwidth) from a web host at a wholesale price and sell it for profit. The best part about this deal is that the host does not ask you to carry their brand or dictate a price, which means you are free to put on your branding. But as easy as it may sound, you cannot just pick up what you think is the best reseller hosting and put your name of it.
This is because there are a lot of choices out there for your consideration and there are certain criteria that you should look for before finalizing on the best reseller hosting provider. You would require a few resources and certain features, such as specialty features and server power, which need to be first grade. This is one of the reasons that reseller hosting is used by system integrators, web design firms and developers.
This article will compare a few providers that are considered to be among the best reseller hosting companies based on their customer support, their performance, the features and safety that they provide. These providers are:
Founded in 2004, Siteground is a Bulgaria-based company and has more than 1,900,000 domains (and growing) and over 400 employees (also growing). Siteground is considered to have one of the best reseller hosting programs because it has been designed for developers and web designers who maintain the websites of their customers over a period.
The company processes more than 1,000 phone calls, 3,000 chat requests and 1,500 tickets on a daily basis and is one of the largest independent hosting companies in the world.
Siteground claims that they make it easy for their customers to provide very reliable web hosting as a part of their service and at the same time, increase their revenues. The company offers you special domain name deals with prices starting as low as $14.94 a year and also provide a volume discount on hosting, which means that you will get a much higher discount if you purchase more than one account.
Siteground uses a unique reseller pricing system that sets them apart from their competitors. The company uses a credit system (1 credit translates to 1 year), and to get started, you need 5 credits. So, if you have 5 credits (1 credit priced at $45), you will be provided free set up and the price will come around to $225. Similarly, if you have 10 credits, the price would be $450.
Going by their promise that the more accounts you purchase, the lesser they will cost, buying 11 credits (here the price comes down to $42) will cost you $462, and the price remains consistent even if you buy 20 credits ($840). You can use these credits to launch or renew an account because reseller credits never expire.
Let us look at some exciting features that Siteground offers:
- For better server name and branding, they offer you a private DNS upgrade and non-branded cPanel, otherwise known as the white label option.
- With Siteground’s program, you will find all the reseller tools in one place for the easy management of all your hosting accounts.
- With their speed-boosting solutions, your websites will run with unmatched speed and advanced technology.
- Siteground guards their user accounts, applications and servers with advanced security.
- With their 24/7 reseller support, Siteground experts are always available on telephone and chat, so you can be assured to overcome any technical problems that you may come across with their assistance.
- The company guarantees an uptime, which leads to actual results of over 99.9%.
- The suitable visit numbers for all reseller accounts is about 10,000 a month.
- All accounts have web space of 10GB.
- All accounts are equipped with an unlimited MySQL DB and unmetered data transfer.
- SuperCatcher (Level 1), SSD storage and free CDN with each account.
- Power and hardware redundancy.
- Multiple versions of PHP supported (7.3, 7.2, 7.1, 7.0 and 5.6).
- Unlimited number of MySQL & PostgreSQL Databases.
- It provides the fastest server monitoring.
- New rules added to their web application firewall to protect applications such as Drupal and WordPress from possible attacks and they also have a strong record of fixing massive vulnerabilities.
- They provide free daily backups so, in case of an emergency, your data can be restored with a few easy clicks.
- Easily scale-up server resources, thanks to LXC (Linux containers)-based stability.
- Regular proactive updates and patches.
- Free SSL certificates by Let’s Encrypt.
Hostgator is one of the biggest names in doing what they do — hosting — and have been around since 2002, so it is unlikely that you have not heard their name. Being around for that long has its benefits, such as having plans to suit every customer’s needs. They have plans for web, cloud, WordPress, VPS hosting to dedicated servers, domains and of course, reseller hosting. The company boasts to dominate about 1% of the internet’s traffic and has 7,000 servers and 8 million domains under management.
So if you are thinking of the best reseller hosting, Hostgator is a great contender for its robust framework, plenty of options and dependable support. So, with Hostgator’s plans, you have either the option of becoming a full-time hosting company or making money part time. You can get a reseller plan to provide more services to your existing or future clients or get new hosting clients.
Hostgator has a lineup of 3 plans and they seem to understand your needs. Let us take a look at these plans:
- Aluminum: Starting at $19.95 per month (now with a discount of 33%), this plan offers you 60GB of disk space, 600GB bandwidth, unlimited domains and free SSL.
- Copper: Starting at $24.95 per month (now with a discount of 41%), this plan offers you 90GB of disk space, 900GB bandwidth, unlimited domains and free SSL.
- Silver: Starting at $24.95 per month (now with a discount of 58%), this plan offers you 140GB of disk space, 1400GB bandwidth, unlimited domains and free SSL.
The great thing about all these plans is that they all offer unlimited domains and you receive many features that you will get with other Hostgator plans. All plans come with no contract and with a 45-day money-back guarantee, which means that if you are not satisfied with the service, you will get a full refund of the contract amount and you will be fully supported with a 24/7 helpdesk, phone and live chat support by their agents.
Other great features include:
- Supports programming languages such as CGI, Fast CGI, PHP 5 and 7, Ruby on Rails, Perl, Python and SSL
- Unlimited MySQL Databases with phpMyAdmin access
- Unlimited domains, email accounts, MySQL databases, FTP accounts and subdomains
- Over 400 brandable video tutorials
- The latest WMH control panel equipped with multi-language availability
- Unlimited mail forwards, email aliases, autoresponders and 25 mailing lists
- Web-based hotlink protection, file manager, redirect URL and IP deny manager
- Over 799 new generic top-level domains from a single account
- Private name servers that are based on your domain
- Easy integration through Storefront, API or WHMCS
- Programming modules such as GD Library, CPAN, Curl and ImageMagick (the latter is installed by default on reseller and shared plans)
- Custom error pages and password protected directories
- The latest version of cPanel, which can be loosely called the industry standard so the customers already know the basic interface
- Easy setup, great for geeks and newbies alike; enter just a few details and you are good to go
- Great money-back guarantee which promises a full refund of your money meaning you can give it a go for at least 45 days
- All data centers equipped with high-end servers, which means you get 99.9% of uptime; if you don’t, a guarantee assures you 1 month’s credit for that package on your account
- All plans include powerful tools that range from billing software to WHM, hence giving you complete control over your hosting business
- Great promotional pricing which is recurring, so you are likely to get a great deal whenever you visit Hostgator
- Unlimited of everything; MySQL Databases with phpMyAdmin Access, domains, email aliases, email forwards and so on
- Low transfer costs, and heavy discounts on registration, something Hostgator is known for and is one of the reasons is a popular option
- Great customer support via email, live chat and telephone
One of the biggest hosting companies, InMotion has been around since 2001, making them one of the earliest too. It is based in Los Angeles, California and offers fast and reliable services to millions of customers worldwide. InMotion claims to have ongoing sponsorship in a lot of open source programs such as PrestaShop, WordPress, Joomla and b2evolution and support developer and software communities.
InMotion offers 6 plans that differ in power and performance. Let us take a look at these:
- R1000S: Touted as the best for reseller beginners, the plan costs $13.99 per month (if you take a 2-year plan, you get 54% off), offers disk space of 80GB, a bandwidth of 800GB, 1 free dedicated IP address and RAID-6 data protection.
- R2000S: More resources at an affordable price; the plan costs $19.99 per month (if you take a 2-year plan, you get 50% off), offers disk space of 120GB, a bandwidth of 1,200GB, 1 free dedicated IP address and RAID-6 data protection.
- R3000S: This is their top-selling reseller plan and costs $27.49 per month (if you take a 2-year plan, you get 52% off), offers disk space of 160GB, a bandwidth of 1,600GB, 1 free dedicated IP address and RAID-6 data protection.
- RESELLER VPS-1000: Called the “next level” of reseller plans, the plan costs $41.64 per month (if you take a 1-year plan, you get 24% off), offers disk space of 75GB, a bandwidth of 4TB, 4GB RAM, 3 free dedicated IP address and high availability.
- RESELLER VPS-2000: Balance of power and resources, the plan costs $62.84 per month (if you take a 1-year plan, you get 33% off), offers disk space of 150GB, a bandwidth of 5TB, 6GB RAM, 4 free dedicated IP address and high availability.
- RESELLER VPS-3000: A top-of-the-line performer, the plan costs $89.94 per month (if you take a 1-year plan, you get 45% off), offers disk space of 260GB, a bandwidth of 6TB, 8GB RAM, 5 free dedicated IP address and high availability.
All the plans have solid state drives (which are as much as 20x faster than normal drives) and free backups. Their 6 and 12-month plans have a 90-day money back guarantee, which means you can try out their services for as many days and ask for a refund if you are not satisfied.
Some of their features are:
- Unlimited MySQL & PostgreSQL databases
- PHP 5 and PHP 7 support
- Support programming languages such as Fast CGI, RoR, Python, cURL, CPAN, GD, ImageMagick
- Allows unlimited FTP access
- Corero DDoS protection
- Unlimited email accounts
- Free industry-leading cPanel license which has a market value of $425/year
- Patchman malware protection
- Free automatic backups every 24-36 hours
- White label to build a better experience for your customers with anonymous branding, customizable themes and configurable package builder
- Free auto-installer that lets you install over 400 free applications
- Include WHMCS, known for its comprehensive billing interface
- Great, unparalleled customer service, very informed representatives
- Great freebies on offer, such as a free domain
- Fast performing websites
- Free SSL on all VPS plans
- A wide variety of plans that suits everyone’s needs
To find out which provider offers the best cheap reseller hosting we compared three of them and found that Siteground and Hostgator come out top come out top in terms of both, pricing and features. If you are looking for fast speeds, Siteground is a name to be reckoned with, while the variety in InMotion’s plans is unparalleled. But Hostgator is also a very large company and offers many unique features that its competitors still do not. Before making a final choice, be sure to read through all the available features and it’ll help you in narrowing down your choices to find the best reseller hosting in the world.